BFML is committed to complying with its legal obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”) and to the Data Protection Act 2018 for the protection of the rights and freedoms of individuals whose personal data BFML obtains or generates as part of its business operations.
This policy describes how and why we collect, store, and use personal data and provides information about individuals rights. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
What personal data do we collect and process?
In order for us to operate our business, we need to collect personal data from those who access our websites or premises, obtain products or services from us, provide products or services to us, are engaged by us or who we otherwise have dealings within the course of our day to day activities. We are committed to ensuring that the personal data we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of an individual’s privacy. This section sets out further details of the types of personal data we collect in different circumstances and how we use it.
Visitors to bfml.co.uk
Your personal data including your name, email address, telephone number and other contact information will be collected if you subscribe to one of our services or request further information.
The information we hold about you is used in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on our website. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser, if you do disable the cookies, this may impact your user experience while on the BFML website.
Customers and related individuals
We collect personal data from our customers and related individuals where necessary to provide our services or where an individual has otherwise consented to its collection.
We may use the personal data collected for the purposes of:
- Providing our products and services to you or the organisation you represent.
- Operating back office and administration services connected with the provision of our products and services.
- Managing our customer relationships including providing you with information on events and access to publications.
- Enabling our finance partners, to use the information for billing, invoicing, and payment purposes.
Suppliers and third-party service providers (including individual contractors)
We may collect personal data including your name, email addresses, telephone numbers and other business contact information for the purposes of receiving services or quotations, managing relationships, providing services to our customers, and operating our business.
We may use and disclose the information we collect in such a manner as necessary to enable us to conduct our business and to receive the services being provided. This includes the use of personal information in connection with billing, invoicing, payment, and legal enforcement.
Basic personal data will be used by our finance partner for billing, invoicing, and payment purposes.
If you register interest in applying for a vacancy with BFML, we will collect your name and contact details including your address, email address, and telephone number. More detailed personal data may also be collected where you are the subject of a vetting process which may include details of your employment and education history, references, professional memberships and qualifications, credit check results, criminal records check results, DVLA details and proof of identity documents.
The information we collect will be used by us to process and progress your application and to complete our recruitment processes should you go on to be employed or engaged by us.
Personal data including your name, email address, telephone number, and other business contact information may be collected directly from you, any organisation you represent, marketing or PR agencies or from databases and platforms to which you have signed up to. We may use the personal data we collect for the purposes of circulating press releases, statements, or market commentary or to meet or speak with BFML personnel.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject you have certain rights which you may exercise if we are in possession of, or are processing, your personal data. Specifically:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you have a right, in certain circumstances, to ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
To exercise these rights please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If BFML refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with the reason why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the Complaints section below.
On what basis do we process personal data?
We will only process personal data where we have a lawful basis on which to do so. The lawful basis on which data is processed will depend on the nature of the information collected and the purposes for which it is used by us but will be one or more of the following:
- Consent: you have provided your consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with us or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
For how long do we hold personal data?
BFML will only retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected and processed, or for such a shorter or longer period as may be prescribed by applicable law or BFML’s internal policies and procedures. Further information on our retention policy may be requested by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances including:
- We may provide personal data to clients, third party suppliers, service providers, professional advisors, and other business partners to enable us to provide or receive
products or services.
- In connection with the administration and operation of our business we may provide personal data to third parties who provide support services including IT, finance and
accounting and HR services and research, marketing, business development and consultancy services.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- We may disclose or share your personal data if we are under a duty to do to comply with any legal obligation or where necessary to enforce any legal right or contractual agreement, or
to protect the rights, property, or safety of BFML, our employees, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, organisations, and bodies for the
purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated in February 2022. Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and we suggest that you check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
Our Data Protection Responsible Person oversees the management of personal data within BFML and for ensuring that compliance with data protection legislation and good practice can be
demonstrated. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice or our collection or use of personal data should be addressed to:
The Data Protection Responsible person
55 Warwick Street
Tel. 0800 599 9210
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us (or the third parties referred to in this Privacy Notice), or how your complaint has been managed, you have a right to lodge a complaint with our Data Protection Responsible Person using the contact details above or by contacting:
The Information Commissioners Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline Number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
ICO Reference Number: ZA698859